What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store or retrieve information to perform certain functions and remember visits to a website. There are 2 distinct types of cookies – session cookies and persistent cookies.
- A session cookie is only accessible while your browser is open, and is deleted as soon as you navigate away from our website.
- A persistent cookie can remain on your computer for a pre-defined period of time, or until they are forcibly deleted.
Other technologies including pixels, tags, web beacons or local storage also store and retrieve data on a device and are similar to cookies. A further explanation about cookies is available here.
How we use the information gathered by cookies
- To tailor advertisements or promotions you receive. For example, if you have looked at a specific type of dart, we might use this information to personalise any subsequent advertisements you see. We may also personalise our service based on the type of computer system you use, together with the purchase pattern of other customers who may have looked at similar products to you. We may also provide you with advertisements which may be customised using information such as the search terms you use on our site. For example, if you searched for a specific product or accessed our site via a specific banner ad or search word, we may present you with content and/or offers linked to that banner ad or search-word.
- We may use navigational information about where you go on our site to better understand how our site is used and to ensure that the product offerings that are presented to you are relevant.
- We do not use any data about where you go, or present you with advertisements outside of our site other than on sites which provide for such use in their respective privacy policies.
- We may collect information on how frequently you visit the site and the type of products and/or services that you view to enable us to measure the popularity of our sites and our product offerings.
Types of cookies used by us
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website, remembering how far you are through the checkout process, making sure that the sightrightcuesports.com website looks consistent or remembering what’s in your basket when you’re looking to buy.
Without these cookies, many of the basic functionalities of our website – the stuff you expect the site to enable you to do like filling in your shopping basket, we simply can’t provide.
– these cookies make the basic functions of the website work.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and the pages that they don’t. This understanding enables SightRight Cue Sports Ltd. to continually improve the experience we deliver to you (and other visitors like you) so that the site is easy to use and includes content that you find helpful (for instance, performance cookies indicated that users find reviews really helpful and so that gave us confidence that we should provide more reviews on each product page).
These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor – so we can’t identify you individually. All the information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. This information is only used to improve how the SightRight Cue Sports Ltd. website works.
– these cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited.
These cookies allow the SightRight Cue Sports Ltd. website to remember the choices you make as you browse the site (for instance, your login details). They provide more enhanced and personal features.
The information these types of cookie collect is anonymised and the usage only relates to our website – they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites once you’ve departed the sightrightcuesports.com website.
– these cookies remember choices you have made to improve your website experience on our website, i.e. www.sightrightcuesports.com.
Advertising or Targeting Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you, and your interests (assumed by analysing your onsite browsing behaviour). They can also provide caps on the number of times you might see an advert – to hopefully stop them becoming annoying and repetitive.
These cookies remember that you have visited sightrightcuesports.com, track what products you may have looked at, and this information may be shared with our advertising partners. If you see an advert from SightRight Cue Sports Ltd. once you have left our site and are browsing other sites on the internet, that magically seems to understand what previously interested you (you browsed a specific set of darts or flights, and then see deals for those products) then this is enabled by targeting cookies.
Although behavioural advertising cookies can track your activity around the internet they cannot identify you personally, even if you are signed in to our website. Without these cookies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
– these cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant for you.
Third party cookies
A list of third party cookies is as follows (Please note we are not responsible for the content hosted on third party sites listed below):
Google collects information through our use of Google Analytics on our website. Google uses this information, including IP addresses and information from cookies, for a number of purposes, such as improving its Google Analytics service. Information is shared with Google on an aggregated and anonymised basis.
You can also opt out of Google Analytics by installing the browser plugin tool available by clicking here.
Olark Live Chat
The third party payment processors we use both collect, use and process your information, including payment information, in accordance with their privacy policies. They may also collect cookies to help with security and onsite monitoring.
You can access their respective privacy policies via the following links:
Accept or reject cookies
There are a number of different ways in which you can accept or reject some or all cookies. Some of the main methods of doing so are described below. You are welcome to block the use of some or all of the cookies we use on our website however please be aware that doing so will impair our website and its functionality or may even render some or all of it unusable.
You should also be aware that clearing all cookies from your browser will also delete any cookies that are storing your preferences, for example, whether you have accepted cookies on a website or any cookies that are blocking other cookies.
Changing your browser settings
You can accept or reject some or all cookies (for example, blocking all third party cookies) by adjusting your browser settings. If you do not know how to do this, the links below set out information about how to change your browser settings for some of the most commonly used web browsers:
Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on
You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on which is available here
Clear existing cookies
To clear cookies that have previously been placed on your browser, you should select the option to clear your browsing history and ensure that the option to delete or clear cookies is included when you do so.
Some browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox, allow you to change your settings to browse in ‘incognito’ mode, limiting the amount of data placed on your machine and automatically deleting any persistent cookies placed on your device when you finish your browsing session. There are also many third party applications which you can add to your browser to block or manage cookies.
Cookies used on sightrightcuesports.com
Below is a table of cookies used by the SightRight Cue Sports Ltd. website.
|The association with your shopping cart.
|Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
|The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
|Your preferred currency
|An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
|An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
|An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
|Stores the Customer Segment ID
|A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
|Your session ID on the server.
|Allows guests to edit their orders.
|The last category you visited.
|The most recent product you have viewed.
|Indicates whether a new message has been received.
|Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
|A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
|The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
|Information on what polls you have voted on.
|The items that you have recently compared.
|Information on products you have emailed to friends.
|The store view or language you have selected.
|The products that you have recently viewed.
|An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
|The number of items in your Wishlist.
This policy was updated: September 2019